Married in Mikado: 8 Beautiful Mikado Wedding Gowns You’ll Love to Wear
Mikado fabric is a luxurious, heavyweight fabric that’s been a popular choice for wedding dresses for many years. And it’s with good reason! Mikado is known for its structured appearance, lustrous sheen, and ability to hold its shape, making it a favorite among brides who want a classic, elegant look for their special day. In this article, we will explore eight striking wedding dresses made with this fabric that you’ll love for their look and feel.
A mikado ballgown is the epitome of timeless elegance. With its full skirt and fitted bodice, it flatters every body type and creates a stunning silhouette. The use of mikado adds volume to the skirt, giving it a dramatic, regal feel. If your wedding will be traditional and formal, a ballgown is the perfect choice.
An A-line mikado wedding dress is a classic choice that is both timeless and modern. This silhouette is universally flattering and suits many different wedding styles, from beach ceremonies to black-tie affairs. The sleek, defined look of this fabric gives the dress a clean, sophisticated feel, making it a versatile option for any bride.
A mikado mermaid dress is without a doubt a showstopper. This design embraces the bride’s figure from the bust down to the knee and then expands into a breathtaking skirt. The mikado fabric will give the dress a sculptural quality, accentuating every curve. A mermaid gown is an excellent style for a bride who wants to make a bold statement on her wedding day.
Mikado can have a delicate silky appearance, like our Silky Mikado Fabric in White.
The trumpet silhouette is similar to the mermaid, but has a more gradual flare. This style is ideal for a bride who wants a fitted dress that still allows for ease of movement. Structured mikado fabric will add volume to the skirt, creating a beautiful, flowing effect.
A mikado sheath dress is a sleek and modern option for the fashion-forward bride. This style skims the body and falls straight to the floor, creating a long, lean silhouette. When made with mikado, this modern gown will have an extra sharp, sophisticated look.
A high-low mikado wedding dress is a playful and modern option for the bride who wants something a little different. This style features a shorter hemline in the front and a longer hemline in the back, creating a fun and flirty silhouette. Mikado adds a touch of elegance to the dress, and would be a functional choice for a summer wedding.
An off-the-shoulder mikado wedding dress has a romantic and feminine shape. This style features a neckline that sits just below the shoulders, creating a delicate and flattering look. It also holds shape for a stunning silhouette that will make any bride feel like a princess.
A mikado two-piece wedding dress is another trendy, youthful option. This style features a crop top and skirt, creating a fun, unique ensemble. This choice is perfect for a stylish look that is sure to be remembered for years to come.
Tips For Choosing Mikado Fabric
- Go for quality. When purchasing mikado, it's important to ensure that you are getting a high-quality fabric that will last and look beautiful. Look for dresses made from 100% mikado fabric, and be sure to check the weight and texture to ensure that it meets your expectations.
- Consider the silhouette. Mikado works best with certain structured silhouettes, and less so for light, flowing ones. Consider what silhouette will flatter your body type and complement your personal style, to decide whether mikado is right for you.
- Choose your color. Mikado is typically available in a range of colors, from classic white to more unconventional hues. Decide which color will work best with your skin tone and the overall color scheme of your wedding.
- Have an eye for detail. Mikado fabric can be used to create a variety of design details, such as pleats, folds, and drapes. Keep in mind what design elements you are drawn to and how they will complement your dress.
- Comfort is key. While mikado is known for its ability to hold shape, it is important to ensure that your dress is comfortable to wear on your wedding day. Consider the weight of the fabric and how it will feel as you move and dance throughout the day.
With its structured appearance and irresistible sheen, mikado has the ability to transform any dress into a statement piece that will leave a lasting impression on your guests. Whether you prefer a classic ballgown or a modern two-piece, there is a mikado wedding dress that will suit your style and ensure you shine on your big day.